Thursday, December 27, 2007

Facebook: first impressions, Vol1

So, I finally got a Facebook account yesterday. Instantly I had 15 friends, yay. Of course, these are people I know and are from work circles, and from my personal life, and a little of both. My partner has had a Facebook account for a few months now and he's been a great usability subject for the site. He is a BIG fan of the site and I can see why, he showed me different things to add, how to get around, how attack, and how to grow things. It all clicked that the reason its popular is because it reflects life, and prospers on what 'people are doing right now'. They're not looking for a log of a persons life (although this does give it), but people just want to know what Neil is doing today, for lunch, right now. Its fun, it works, and I only have it right now because a critical mass of my network has it right now, and I've succumed to the 'I cant-not have one' feeling. Its good though, a right of passage thing I guess...getting some 'net-cred if you will.

More to come on my first impressions with Facebook... stay tuned!

No comments: